Any request for refund of contributions already donated to the Aspen Foundation by a donor will be considered and determined on a case-by-case basis. Refunds will be made by cheque only.
When a request for a refund is received, an assessment of the reason given for the refund request is undertaken. The following reasons will usually be considered favourably:
- an error has been made by the Aspen Foundation;
- donor decides within the first 2 weeks of providing contributions that they have changed their mind and the funds have not already been remitted;
- donor banking details are fraudulently obtained and used.
The following reasons will not usually be grounds for a refund to be given:
- the financial circumstances of the donor;
- disagreement by the donor with the nature of the initiatives suppported by the Aspen Foundation.
If it is agreed that a refund is to be made the donor will be sent a cheque within five working days of the decision.